Friday, October 15, 2010

Organic Food and Eating

Research now tells us that pesticide exposure from our food during critical developmental periods leads to such disorders as asthma, allergies, autism, ADD, cancer and obesity. Organic fruits and vegetables are about 25% higher in essential nutrients than their chemically produced counterparts. And some believe they even taste better.( I believe that!) Who wants to eat pesticide residue! Organic production of food can help us enjoy better health, better natural ecosystems, more sustainable agricultural environments. A good, healthy soil is the key ingredient to an organic farming system. Eating a diet high in organic vegetables and fruits can reduce the risk of pesticide exposure, especially in children. When I make my grocery purchases I always look or ask for organic products. Sometimes they are available, sometimes not. I try! and try I will to eat a product free from those nasty pesticides. I long for a more nutritious and healthier diet for myself and my family. Like I always say,"take care of mother earth and she will take care of us." Eating better is a priority these days, eat organic and enjoy good health... Live simple!

No comments:

Post a Comment